Note: If you are using Mac OS X, please go to How to Burn YouTube Videos to DVD on Mac
The following tutorial will show you how to download videos from YouTube, convert YouTube video to AVI, MP4, MOV, WMV, 3GP, iPod, iPhone, Zune, PSP, BlackBerry and burn YouTube videos to DVD. It is divided into three parts:
In order to download YouTube videos, you need a third party program to help you. I'd suggest using Clone2Go Free YouTube Downloader. Let's take a look at how it performs:
Download the latest version of Free YouTube Downloader and install it. Launch the program.
Visit youtube.com and open the YouTube videos you are going to download. Copy the URL of each video. You can get the URL of the video from the address bar of your browser.
Click the "YouTube" button in the main interface of Video Converter Free. In the pop up dialog of "Import Video from Internet", paste the URL of the YouTube video you copied just now.
There will be a list of the added YouTube videos.
Double click the YouTube videos one by one to get the downloading process started. The downloading status is clearly shown on the list. After the status of all of them indicates "Completed", you can get the downloaded videos (in mp4, flv or 3gp format) by clicking the "Folder" button in the interface of the program.
The software you need is Clone2Go Video Converter Professional.
Here is how it works:
1. Import YouTube FLV file to the program.
2. Choose an output format. For example, if you want to watch the YouTube video on iPod, you can choose "iPod MPEG-4" as the output format.
3. Start to convert.
To learn more about how to use Video Converter Professional, please go to: How to convert AVI MKV WMV ASF 3GP RM RMVB FLV to iPod/iPhone/Zune/PSP?
If you want to burn YouTube FLV videos to DVD, you will need DVD authoring software. Here, I'd recommend using Photo DVD Burner Professional. Below is the screenshot of this program:
Let's take a look at how it performs:
1. Click "Organize" -> "Add Video Clips..." to import the converted YouTube video into the program. Note: Photo DVD Burner Professional only supports .avi video format. So you need to convert your video to AVI file in Step 2. You also need to set the "video codec" to "msmpeg4v2" before conversion.
2. Go to the "Choose Menus" tab to choose a DVD menu template. You can also specify background music and background image, set font style, size, color, etc to customize the menu template.
3. Go to the "Burn Disc" tab to start burning videos to DVD.