Have some great video clips recorded with your Sony camcorder? Don't you want to recall the best moments on the big screen of your iPad? Basically, when you have taken a video clip with your camcorder, you can transfer the video file to your computer for playback. However, camcorders like Sony and Panasonic capture video in the AVCHD format. It is a file-based format for the digital recording and playback of high-definition video and for use in high definition consumer camcorders. Some Windows 7 editions are able to import and play AVCHD video natively, having files with extensions M2TS, MTS and M2T pre-registered in the system, while others do not support AVCHD files itself and you must install a third-party player. The default media player from Apple (QuickTime) will not play AVCHD natively.
The playback of AVCHD files on PC or Mac is not so easy, not to mention to play them on the Apple iPad. So how can we transfer the recorded AVCHD files to iPad for playback? Here, we simply need a converter that will go from AVCHD files (MTS, M2TS) to iPad compatible video files (MPEG-4, H.264).
The Clone2Go Video Converter for Mac does the trick! It fully supports converting HD camcorder captured AVCHD MTS/M2TS video files. Besides, the optimized profiles in this Mac video converter include iPad H.264 HD Video. So you can still enjoy your great shots in high definition.
The whole steps of converting HD camcorder video to iPad video on Mac OS X are simplified as below:
1. Transfer the videos files (MTS/M2TS) shot with your HD camcorder to your Mac.
2. Download Video Converter for Mac, install and run it.
3. Click the "+" button to import the MTS/M2TS video files into the program.
4. Extend the "Profile" drop-down list and choose "iPad" from the category.
5. From the subcategory, choose "iPad H.264 HD Video" as the output format.
6. Click the "Start" button to get the conversion started.
7. After the conversion, click the "Folder" button to get the output files.
8. Connect your iPad with your Mac.
9. Launch iTunes. Click "File -> Add File to Library..." or "File -> Add Folder to Library..." to import the output files into iTunes library.
10. Transfer the output files to your iPad with the sync of iTunes.
11. Now you can enjoy the recorded videos on the big screen of your iPad.
The supported brands of Sony camcorder include:
Sony Bloggie Live HD Camera
Sony Bloggie Duo Camcorder
Sony Handycam HDR-PJ10
Sony Handycam HDR-CX130
Sony Handycam HDR-CX160
Sony Handycam HDR-CX360V
Sony Handycam HDR-CX550V
Sony Handycam HDR-CX560V
Sony Handycam HDR-XR160
Sony Handycam NEX-VG10
Sony Handycam DCR-SX45
Sony Handycam DCR-SX65
Sony Handycam DCR-SR68
Sony Handycam DCR SX85
Sony Handycam DCR-SX45E
Sony Handycam DCR-SX85E
Sony Bloggie Touch MHS-TS10
Sony Bloggie Touch MHS-TS20
Sony Handycam NEX-VG10